The Finch Math Mat is an ideal surface for merging math practice with robotics and coding. It's easy to use on the floor, on a table, or inside the Finch Arena. You'll love the Finch Math Mat for its easy-to-clean vinyl and precise math markings that save teachers prep time.
How can you use the Finch Mat?
- Use the Finch as the hands of the clock to practice telling time (orange markings) (Activity)
- Practice angle work by drawing shapes on a precise 200 cm grid (Activity)
- Practice angle work with a precise circle (orange markings)
- Model addition and subtraction on a number line (Activity)
- Measure how far the Finch goes in a predetermined amount of time and graph the data to calculate its speed (Activity 1, Activity 2)
- Explore exponents using loops while drawing shapes (Activity)
- Practice line-tracking with the thick black border (Activity)
- Jump right into Finch Jousting (purple markings) (Activity)
- Turn the Finch using geometry and encoders (Activity)
- Model fractions with the Finch (Activity)
- Model multiplication with the Finch (Activity coming soon!)
- Use the Finch as a game spinner (Activity)
- Check out more activities to try with the Finch Robot 2.0!