Can You Make A Dreidel For Hanukkah?
Hanukkah is a Jewish Festival celebrated at the end of November through the beginning of December. During this time a Dreidel is used to play a game. We are going to create one origami style.
Are you up for the challenge? Can you make a Dreidel for Hanukkah?
What you need...
- Can You Make A Dreidel For Hanukkah? Creator Sheet
- Origami Paper
- Glitter Glue (optional)
What you need to do…
- Students will be creating a dreidel solo during this activity.
- But first, let's go to our creator sheet and answer some questions.
- Students will pick their piece of origami paper
- Students will then fold the paper in half, so that the color is on the outside.
- Students will then unfold the paper.
- Students will then fold each bottom corner to the center crease.
- Fold the sides into the center crease.
- Bring the top of the paper down to the point, you will now have a square.
- Now, fold it part way back up, but not all the way back up. (A little more than half way)
- Next, fold the top of the paper into the center line and the corners start bending into triangles.
- Flip over and you have now created your dreidel, now to add the Hebrew Alphabet
- Each side of the dreidel bears a letter of the Hebrew alphabet: נ, ג, ה, ש.
- Use the marker to write, and if you want use glitter glue to add some sparkle.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!