Can You Learn Basic Circuitry Skills With Squishy Circuits?
Ready to use circuits to show how April Showers Brought May Flowers? We have a fun STEM challenge that will introduce your students to Squishy Circuits.
What are Squishy Circuits and how do they work? With Squishy Circuits students are going to learn the basic circuitry skills, by using conductive doughs. We will learn how to safely create electronic circuits using conductive dough.
For this challenge, students will learn basic circuitry skills with Squishy Circuits.
What you need per group...
- Can You Learn Basic Circuitry Skills With Squishy Circuits? Creator Sheet
- Battery Holder
- LED Lights
- Conductive Dough
- Shop Squishy Circuits Here.
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this challenge is to make a scene from all the groups of April Showers Bring May Flowers.
- Each group will have a specific “scene” (you can even go more in depth of the planting of seeds and growing...depending on the age):
- Raining on grass and trees
- Grass, flowers, and trees growing
- Full bloom of flowers
- Once students are assigned their scenes, they need to pick the conductive dough colors that they want to use, along with the LED colors they want.
- Students will then use their conductive dough to create the scenes they were given!
- Take the battery pack prongs and place them inside of the conductive dough (two different spots)
- Place the LED lights into the conductive dough, make sure the prongs are not touching each other.
- Once your prongs are placed into the conductive dough, turn on your battery pack and see the scene LIGHT UP!
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!