Can You Discover An Innovative Way To Fight Pollution?
Our environment faces several problems, and many of these seem to be worsening with time. Have you ever thought of an idea to fight pollution? Let’s make this turn into a reality, and create something to help fight pollution.
What you need per group…
- Can You Discover An Innovative Way To Fight Pollution? Creator Sheet
- Materials To Build Model
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this project is to discover an innovative way to fight pollution.
- Students will begin brainstorming ways that already help to reduce pollution, they must pick a specific item to focus on (smoke, plastic bags, cups, beverage cans, glass bottles, straws, etc.)
- Students will also begin to research which idea they think can be turned into something bigger.
- Students will then begin to write out a proposal on how their idea can help beat pollution, also listing materials needed.
- Students will then have to create a small model of the idea, so now come up with what they can use to replicate their big idea into a smaller idea.
- Students will then work together to build their innovation and see how it works using the product they are helping save.
- Try out the model and make changes.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!