Can You Design Holiday Decorations Using A 3Doodler?
We are sharing an easy-to-create holiday decoration that your kids are going to love making! Grab your 3Doodler and get ready to be creative and have some fun!
Are you up for the challenge? Can you design a unique holiday decoration that represents you?
What you need per group...
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this design is to make a decoration/ornament that represent each of them in one design
- Students will begin brainstorming all of their favorite things (does not have to be holiday related)
- Each student will then pick one from their own list
- Students will then begin to sketch out a design to mesh all of their special items together
- Remember to think about color
- Also think about the shapes and how best to make the items mesh
- Once the team agrees on the design, and they have agreed upon the colors to use it is time to grab the 3Doodler and get started!
- First, on your creator sheet write down any issues you think might arise as you are making your design.
- After students have finished, look at the design and make notes on what pieces need to be adjusted, IF given the opportunity to make a new decoration.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!