Can You Design A Nature Collage For Recreation and Parks Month?
Did you know that July is Recreation and Parks Month? Celebrate with our STEM challenge that will have kids creating nature collages!
What you need per person/group...
- Can You Design A Nature Collage For Recreation and Parks Month? Creator Sheet
- Construction Paper or Printer Paper
- Bin For Outdoor Items
- Items From Outdoors (leaves, rocks, sand, branches, sticks, etc.)
What you need to do...
- Students will begin by picking groups and/or working independently. Pass out a Creator Sheet to each student or group.
- Have all items passed out at tables (glue, paper, bin)
- Students will take their bin outside, they will have 5 minutes to find items to use to create their own piece of nature collage art!
- Have students record the items they have found on their Creator Sheet.
- Next, students will place the items on their paper to see what designs they can make out of the outdoor pieces. (They can use the pieces to create hearts, their own trees, etc.)
- Once students are happy with their creations, they will glue down the pieces and step back to see their beautiful creations!
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!