Can You Design A Light-Up Card For Halloween?
Can you design a light-up card for Halloween? Why mess with wires when you can just use conductive tape!
We are sharing easy-to-create fun cards using circuits that your kids are going to love making! Grab your supplies and get ready to be creative and have some fun!
Can you engineer a card that is perfect for a Halloween card?
What you need per person...
- Can You Design A Light-Up Card For Halloween? Creator Sheet
- Paper Circuits Classroom Kit
- Conductive Nylon Tape
- CR2032 Batteries (1 or 2)
- Jumbo LEDs (1 or 2)
- Clips (1)
- Construction Paper
- Crayons/Markers/Map Pencils
What you need to do...
- Tell students that the objective of this design is to make a greeting card that LIGHTS UP using a circuit.
- Students will first use the Creator Sheet to decide what wording they want on the card, and what they want to make light up, based around a Halloween theme.
- Once students have decided they will gather materials needed.
- On the card sketch out the words, and draw what you will have used the circuit to light up.
- Once everything is perfect, add color and add your circuit piece.
To incorporate conductive tape:
- Fold over corner along the dotted line
- Bend LED legs.
- Apply tape along lines and OVER LED legs.
- Place batter, fold over the flap, and secure with a binder clip
- If your LED doesn’t turn on, flip over the battery and try it the opposite way.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!