Can You Create Unique Art With Buttons?
Do you have a stash of buttons you’ve been holding on to? We have a fun STEM challenge that will have your students use buttons to create unique button art!
For this challenge, students must find a way to use buttons to create a unique piece of art. Are you up for the challenge?
What you need per student…
- Can You Create Unique Art With Buttons? Creator Sheet
- Pen or Pencil
- Buttons (10)
- White/Manilla Piece of Paper
What you need to do...
- Students will do this challenge independently.
- Students will write their name on the Creator Sheet.
- Tell students that the objective of this challenge is to come up with a unique piece of art using buttons.
- Give each student the materials needed.
- On their Creator Sheets, have students start brainstorming on different designs for a unique piece of art. Begin thinking how many buttons you will need (max buttons to use is 10)
- Students will then narrow down their designs to one unique piece of art. Students will create a rough sketch of their art design, showing where buttons will be placed.
- Once students have decided on their final design, and finished they sketch they will begin to start putting the Unique Piece of Art into action!
- Students will use their white/manilla piece of paper to build their art work on.
- Students are to place buttons in the spots they want them first, and then use the markers/crayons to finish their art piece. (Buttons cannot be moved once placed)
- Create a scene for your picture.
- Students will record on their Creator Sheets any struggles they have while creating their piece of art as well as their reflection on the challenge.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!