Can You Create A Spider Using Strawbees?
To bring in the spooky season we wanted to bring you a challenge that is both fun and educational! Using Strawbees your students will use their coding knowledge, creative confidence, and hands-on rapid prototyping to create a spider.
Are you up for the challenge? Can you create a spider using Strawbees?
What you need per group:
- Strawbee Connectors
- Paper for Background
- Can You Create A Spider Using Strawbees? Creator Sheet
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this challenge is to create a spider that moves
- Students will begin brainstorming the way they want their spider to be designed, students will create a sketch.
- Keep in mind the following requirements:
- Spider must have legs that move
- Once the sketch is completed, students will gather the number of Strawbees and connectors they need to make this work
- Students will then put the spider together, making sure to have a background
- Students will then test, does the spider move?
- Want to add some tech? Add Strawbees Robotics, to make the spider move by being coded. This can be done for an advanced group or to challenge the students more.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!