Can You Create A Makedo Neighborhood?
Using Makedo we are going to have some fun with being creative with cardboard! We have a STEM challenge that will introduce your students to designing with Makedo. Makedo is a cardboard construction kit that teaches kids through play to see the world not as it is but as it could be.
For this challenge, students will be able to use their creativity to make a Makedo neighborhood.
What you need per group...
- Can You Create A Makedo Neighborhood? Creator Sheet
- Random Art Supplies
- Cotton balls
- Any other items you think could be useful
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this challenge is to create their neighborhood.
- Let each group come up with a space they want to build from around their neighborhood.
- This could be a park, McDonalds, houses in the neighborhood, gas station, etc. Places close to their neighborhood.
- Once they have picked the location, and nobody else has chosen it, students will then sketch out the place they chose.
- Students will then need to come up with which supplies they need to build the “place.”
- Students will then begin building their location.
- Take notes of any issues they run into on their Creator Sheet.
- Place the building within the neighborhood scene.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!