Can You Calculate The Density Of An Object?
Today we are learning all about Density. So what is density? Density is a measurement that compares the amount of matter an object has to its volume.
Let’s have some fun with finding the density and mixing things up!
What you need per person...
- Can You Choose Which Liquid is More Dense? Creator Sheet
- Large Jar
- Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring
What you need to do...
- Students will begin by picking groups and or working independently
- Students will then take the creator sheet and begin to discuss which item will be less dense, the syrup or the oil?
- Students will then take the water and put into the jar, and add a few drops of food coloring to change the color of the water
- Then you will pour the syrup into the jar
- Next you will pour the oil into the jar
- Give the liquids time to settle and then look and see what happened to the liquids - record on your Creator Sheet.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!