Can You Build A Fort To Keep A Penguin Warm With 3Doodler?
3Doodler is here to inspire and enable students to create. For this STEM challenge, students will use 3Doodler to build a fort for a penguin.
What you need per group...
- Can You Build A Fort To Keep A Penguin Warm With A 3Doodler? Creator Sheet
- Filament Colors
- Small toy penguins
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this design is to make a fort for their penguin.
- Students will begin brainstorming a way to build the fort
- Make sure students are collaborating on the best way to keep the penguin out of the snow!
- Students will then begin to sketch out a design to mesh all of their special items together.
- Remember to think about designs of doors, windows, etc.
- Once the team agrees on the design, and they have agreed upon the colors to use it is time to grab the 3Doodler and get started!
- First, on your Creator Sheet write down any issues you think might arise as you are making your design.
- After students have finished, look at the design and make notes on what pieces need to be adjusted, IF given the opportunity to make a new fort.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!