Can You Design A Video Game Featuring A Snowman?
Bloxels, you become the artist, writer, designer and director of your own video game! Our STEM challenge invites students to design a video game with Bloxels that features a snowman.
What you need per group...
- Can You Design A Video Game Featuring A Snowman? Creator Sheet
- Bloxels Game Studio Pack
- Computer/Tablet/Phone with Bloxels App
What you need to do...
- Start by breaking students up into groups of three or solo if distance/virtual learning.
- Have students create a team name.
- Tell students that the objective of this game is to include a snowman in a video game.
- Students must first decide what the objective of the game will be.
- Students will then design the characters, one must be a penguin.
- Maybe 2-3 characters at max.
- Students will then begin to sketch out the characters on paper
- Students will begin brainstorming what the scenes in their game will look like
- Have students try to design 2 scenes to start
- Students will then begin to sketch out the design on paper for the scenes
- Once the team agrees on the design, they will be able to start using the Bloxels to create their characters and scenes.
- As they create using the Bloxels, the students will need to go into the app and use the add button to create the video game
- Scenes and characters will need to be created separately
- After students have finished and inputted everything into the app, they will then be able to add more details to the game.
We would love to see you try this STEM Challenge. Share your results with us through social media!